Home MediService was founded as the first home medical equipment company in Harford County, Maryland in 1971. The company now services a wide market area in Maryland, Delaware and portions of Pennsylvania from four locations in Havre de Grace, Glen Burnie, and Easton, Maryland and Bear, Delaware.
Home MediService is an independent, family-owned Maryland corporation led by second generation President and CEO, Mark D. Richardson. Today, Home MediService employs 65 people with an average 9 years of service, and serves an overall client base of over 3,000 patients.
Our company was founded on a simple premise — SERVICE. That’s why it’s part of our name. Courtesy and care combined with knowledge and professionalism guide the people who answer our phones, deliver our products, and work with our patients. To that end, we require every employee to participate in our MED-U© Mastery Certification Program which includes hundreds of hours of continuing education and instruction for each job description. In addition, all company personnel are evaluated monthly as a part of our Monthly Performance Review Program and competencies are reviewed annually.
Credentials: Home MediService has been accredited since 1993—long before accreditation was required in the HME industry. The company is also licensed by the State of Maryland and registered by a number of State and Federal agencies. We are in good standing with the following regulatory agencies:
· Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care, Inc. (ACHC).
· Licensed by the MD Dept. of Health and Mental Hygiene as a Residential Service Agency (RSA)
· Business Licensed by the State of Maryland Clerk of Circuit Court
· Registered by the FDA as a supplier of medical oxygen
· Registered by the US Dept. of Transportation (DOT) as a Hazardous Materials Carrier
· Registered by the MD Dept. of Environment as a SARA Title III Participant
Following is a listing of Associations to which we belong:
· American Association for Homecare (AAHomecare)
· The MEDGroup ©
· American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
· National Registry of Rehabilitation Technology Suppliers (NRRTS)
· Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA)
Mission Statement: The Mission of Home MediService is to improve the health
and quality of the life of the patients we serve by coupling the highest quality home medical and respiratory equipment with the services of a fully trained and highly motivated staff of home care professionals.
Core Values: Our core values are to use TEAMWORK in the provision of SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and to produce EXCELLENCE in everything we do. All of our employees know and embrace these values as the "Home MediService Way".
Code of Ethics: Our Code of Ethics sets the ground rules for how we operate as we seek to achieve responsible commercial success as a company. Our ethical principles are:
· HONESTY: We will not say things that are untrue. We will never deliberately mislead. We will be as candid as possible, openly sharing information as appropriate to the relationship.
· PROMISE KEEPING: We will go to great lengths to keep our commitments. We will not make promises that can’t be kept and we will not make promises on behalf of the company unless we have the authority to do so.
· RESPECT FOR OTHERS: We will respect others as summed up in the Golden Rule: treating others as we would like to be treated. This applies even when that kind of respect is not being shown to us.
· COMPASSION: We will maintain an awareness of the needs of others and act to meet those needs whenever possible. We will act in ways that will encourage and help to heal the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health of our patients.
· INTEGRITY: We will avoid any form of conduct that is fraudulent or creates a conflict of interest and will live up to these ethical principles even when confronted by personal or professional risks, including economic pressures.